2 teaspoons sea salt
650g bakers flour
320g warm water
2 teaspoons yeast (1 sachet)
- Place all ingredients into TM bowl in the order listed.
- Blend together for 15 seconds/speed 7.
- With dial set to closed lid position, knead for 3 minutes/interval speed. Allow to rest in TM bowl for 10 minutes.
- Re-knead for a further 3 minutes/interval speed.
- Turn out into a lightly oiled bowl and cover until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 35 degrees and place a cup of water on the bottom of the oven to keep the air moist.
- Divide dough into 2 equal parts. On a floured surface, roll each separately into a rectangle.
- Fold in both long sides towards each other in the centre and push together to seal dough. Tuck in ends and seal by pinching together as well. Repeat above procedure and carefully roll back and forth into a sausage shape. Place seam down onto a baking tray.
- Put the dough in the warm oven to prove for about 45 minutes.
- When loaves have risen, slash tops on an angle with a sharp knife. Spritz with water.
- Turn temperature up to 240ºC and cook for 20-25 minutes or until golden and sounds hollow when tapped.