500g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite sized pieces
2 teaspoons fresh or tinned green peppercorns, crushed
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
400ml can coconut milk
30g red curry paste
2 tablespoons palm sugar, shredded
3 tablespoons fish sauce
100g roasted, crushed peanuts
250g lightly steamed pumpkin pieces
1 cup loosely packed Thai basil leaves
- Rub chicken pieces with crushed peppercorns.
- Place the vegetable oil and the thick coconut cream from the top of the can into the TM bowl and cook for 2 minutes/100 degrees/speed 2.
- Add curry paste and cook for 5 minutes/100 degrees/speed 2.
- Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes/100 degrees/reverse + soft speed.
- Add remaining coconut milk, sugar, fish sauce and peanuts and cook for 5 minutes/100 degrees/reverse + soft speed.
- Add pumpkin pieces and cook for 4 minutes/100/degrees/reverse + soft speed.
- Add basil leaves and stir through with spatula.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve with steamed jasmine rice.