Spelt, an ancient grain, is currently enjoying a resurgence in popularity due to its nutritional qualities and its appealing nutty flavour. These are excellent in school lunches or used as hamburger buns.
250g warm water
1 sachet dry yeast
1 teaspoon sea salt
200g spelt flour
30g olive oil
- Place all ingredients into TM bowl and mix for 5 seconds/speed 6.
- With dial set to closed lid position, knead for 2 minutes/interval speed.
- Turn out into a lightly oiled bowl and cover until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 35 degrees and place a cup of water on the bottom of the oven to keep the air moist.
- Divide dough into 8 equal portions, and shape into rolls. Place the rolls onto a lightly floured baking tray placed approximately 1cm apart.
- Put the rolls in the warm oven to prove for about 30 minutes.
- When rolls have risen, turn temperature up to 240ºC and cook for 25-30 minutes or until golden and sound hollow when tapped.