4 cobs of corn, husks and silk removed
20g vegetable oil
1 small onion, peeled and quartered
1 tablespoon ginger, julienned
1 garlic clove, peeled
1 teaspoon sea salt
50g shao hsing wine
1000g chicken stock
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 shallot, sliced (for garnish)
- Cut the kernels off the cob with a sharp knife.
- Place the onion and garlic into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds/speed 6.
- Scrape down and add oil, ginger and salt. Cook for 4 minutes/varoma/speed 2 (lid off).
- Add Shao Hsing wine and cook for 1 minute/varoma/speed 2.
- Add corn kernels and set TM to closed lid position and hit turbo twice. Add stock to TM bowl and cook for 30 minutes/100 degrees/speed 2.
- Just prior to the end of cooking time, pour in soy sauce through hole in lid and slowly pour beaten egg into soup in a thin stream.
- Serve soup in bowls and garnish with sliced shallot.