This is a quick and easy meal you can create using basic pantry ingredients.
1 onion, peeled and quartered
2 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
20g olive oil
2 x 400g cans peeled and chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon sugar
sea salt and cracked black pepper
small handful of black olives, sliced
small handful of basil, roughly chopped
parmesan cheese, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted water until al dente. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the onion and garlic into the TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and add olive oil. Saute for 5 minutes/varoma/soft speed lid off.
- Add tomatoes, olives, sugar and salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes/100 degrees/soft speed.
- Stir through the basil and toss the sauce with the pasta.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese.