The school fete is on next weekend, and these biscuits will be perfect for the cake stall.
185g butter, roughly chopped
210g caster sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
330g plain flour
1 egg yolk
icing sugar, to serve
- Place butter, sugar and vanilla into TM bowl and mix for 1 minute/speed 4, or until smooth.
- Add the flour, egg and egg yolk and mix for 30 seconds/speed 4, or until dough comes together. Use the spatula to assist if necessary.
- Turn out mixture onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a log. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Unwrap the dough and cut across into slices approximately 5mm thick.
- Place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on wire racks and dust with icing sugar to serve.