This quick and easy meal is the perfect comfort food to eat during this cold spell we're having. It's so delicious and really versatile in so many Mexican recipes such as burritos and nachos. If you can get your hands on some good quality avocados, make up a guacamole to serve on the side. Be sure to up the chilli content if you like your food spicy!
500g rump steak, fat trimmed
1 onion, peeled and halved
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
400g can diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
sea salt and cracked black pepper
400g red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Roughly cut the rump steak into 2cm cubes. Put 250g of the meat into the TM bowl and mince for 2 seconds/speed 6. Set aside and repeat with the second batch. Set meat aside.
- Place the garlic and onion into the TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds/speed 6. Scrape down and chop for another second if required.
- Add the olive oil and cook for 4 minutes/varoma/speed 1 MC off.
- Add the cumin, coriander, paprika and chilli powder and cook for 1 minute/varoma/speed 1 MC off.
- Place the minced meat in the TM bowl and cook for 5 minutes/varoma/reverse speed 1 MC off.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water and sugar to the TM bowl and season well with salt and pepper. Cook for 30 minutes/100 degrees/reverse speed 1.
- Add the kidney beans and cook for 2 minutes/100 degrees/reverse + soft speed.
- Serve with steamed rice and sour cream and garnish with coriander and lime wedges.