This recipe is fairly simple to make and the result is a soft, fresh and delicious tortilla which can be used to make Mexican specialities such as fajitas and quesadillas. If you are making these on a regular basis, I would thoroughly recommend purchasing a tortilla press.
320g plain flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
180g warm water
- Place all the ingredients into the TM bowl and mix for 10 seconds/speed 7.
- Set dial to closed lid position and knead for 3 minutes/interval speed.
- Turn the dough out and divide into 10 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the dough has rested, preheat a heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Roll out a ball, then carefully stretch the dough into a circle about 20cm in diameter (it will be quite thin.) Alternatively, place each ball onto a tortilla press.
- Place into a hot pan for about 60 seconds. Turn and cook the other side. Repeat the above procedure with the remaining balls, until they are all cooked.