Harry is celebrating his birthday at Kindy today, as his actual birthday falls during the school holidays. Instead of a traditional birthday cake, I decided to bake some individual Flourless Chocolate Cakes. I figured small cakes would be easier for the teacher to serve out to 22 little munchkins - no cutting, no washing up.
200g dark cooking chocolate, broken into pieces
180g butter, chopped
270g (1 1/4 cups) caster sugar
120g (1 cup) cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
120g (3/4 cup) almond meal
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees.
- Place the chocolate into the TM bowl and grate for 5 seconds/speed 8. Set aside.
- Place the butter, caster sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and eggs into the TM bowl and mix for 20 seconds/speed 7.
- Add the grated chocolate and almond meal and mix for 30 seconds/speed 6.
- Spoon the mixture into a 12-hole muffin tin lined with paper patty cases and bake for 30 minutes or until firm. Allow to cool in the tin.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with thick cream and fresh berries.