250g caster sugar
peeled skin of one lemon
300g carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
300g almond meal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons pine nuts
icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease and line the base of a springform cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Place sugar into TM bowl and add lemon peel. Grind 20 seconds/speed 10.
- Weigh carrot chunks into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds/speed 5.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the pine nuts and icing sugar). Mix for 20 seconds/speed 5 until you have a smooth batter. Remove lid, scrape down sides of bowl and mix again for a few seconds, if required.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle the top with pine nuts. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until set.
- Remove the cake and allow to cool a little. Place cake on a wire rack and dust with icing sugar.