There's a magnificent deli a few doors down the road that sells everything a foodie could wish for, including a great selection of European-style cheese. I found a wonderful Greek blue vein and thought it would team up perfectly with cauliflower to make this lovely winter soup. Ensure you have a nice crusty loaf of bread on hand for dunking.
1 medium brown onion, peeled and halved
2 cloves garlic, peeled
20g olive oil
450g cauliflower, trimmed and roughly chopped
125g potatoes, peeled and chopped
700g chicken stock
80g blue cheese
sea salt and cracked black pepper
100g single cream
- Place onion and garlic into TM bowl and chop for 4 seconds/speed 6. Scrape down bowl.
- Add oil and saute for 4 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1 MC off.
- Add the cauliflower and potato and saute for 2 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1 MC off.
- Add stock and cook for 25 minutes/varoma/speed 1, or until potato and cauliflower is tender.
- Add half the cheese, cream, salt and pepper and blend the soup for 30 seconds by carefully turning dial up to speed 9.
- To serve, spoon into bowls and crumble the remaining cheese on top.