1 tablespoon coriander root and stem, very well washed and roughly chopped
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
2 tablespoons chopped shallot
250g pork mince
100g fresh crabmeat
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
24 wonton wrappers
1 lightly beaten egg, for egg wash
1100g chicken stock
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon palm sugar
bean sprouts, sliced shallot and coriander leaves, to garnish
- To make the wontons, combine the coriander, ginger and shallot in a mortar and pound into a paste. Place into a bowl with the remaining ingredients (except egg) and mix well.
- Place a teaspoon of the mixture in the middle of a wonton wrapper. Lightly egg wash the edges and pull together either into triangles or dumplings. Cover and refrigerate wontons until ready to use.
- To make the soup, add the stock, oyster sauce, fish sauce and palm sugar into the TM bowl.
- Place the wontons evenly into the base of the Varoma which has been lightly oiled. Secure the varoma on top and cook for 15 minutes/varoma/speed 2.
- To serve, ladle the soup into serving bowls and top with some wontons. Garnish with the bean sprouts, sliced shallots and coriander leaves.