260g plain flour
145g butter, chopped
1 egg yolk
2-3 tablespoons iced water
- Place the flour and butter into the TM bowl. Set the dial to closed lid position and Pulse the Turbo button 4 or 5 times or until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add egg yolk and water and Pulse the Turbo button 4 or 5 times or until the dough just comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and form into a ball. Flatten into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the pastry out to 3-5mm thick and place into a lightly greased quiche dish. Lightly prick the base with a fork and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line the pastry case with non-stick baking paper and fill with baking weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and weights and bake for a further 10 minutes or until light and golden. Allow to cool.
- Reduce the oven to 170 degrees.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
150g baby spinach (about 2 handfuls), rinsed
sea salt and cracked black pepper
500g roasted pumpkin pieces
100g feta cheese
2 tablespoon pine nuts
100g chedder cheese, grated
- Place oil into a frypan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
- Increase heat and add baby spinach. Toss through for 1 minute or until spinach has wilted. Set aside to cool.
- Place eggs, cream and salt and pepper into TM bowl and mix for 15 seconds/speed 3. Set aside.
- Place roasted pumpkin pieces over the pastry base.
- Top pumpkin with the spinach and onion mixture, then crumble over the feta cheese.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts then top with grated cheese.
- Pour the cream and egg mixture over the filling in the tart shell and bake for 45 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm or cold with a simple green salad.