(This is quite a substantial amount of pizza dough, so I usually tear off a third of the dough to make a medium-sized pizza for the kids.)
1 quantity pizza dough (here)
1/2 cup passata
1 good quality chorizo, thinly sliced
300g can kidney beans, rinsed
1 1/2 cups grated manchego cheese
150g chargrilled capsicum
handful coriander leaves, to garnish
2 long green chillies, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Place dough onto a large sheet of non-stick baking paper that has been lightly dusted with flour. Roll out to form a large rectangle about 5mm thick.
- Spread half of the base with passata and top with chorizo, kidney beans, manchego and capsicum.
- Fold other half of dough over to enclose the filling and press edges together to seal. Lift the baking paper and calzone onto an oven tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve the calzone garnished with coriander leaves and chillies and a side of sour cream.