zest from 1/2 a lemon
125g butter, roughly chopped
70g fresh coconut pulp (or desiccated coconut)
140g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 lemon, juiced and zest shredded (you need about 1/4 cup lemon juice)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Place the zest and sugar into the TM bowl and mill for 10 seconds/speed 10.
- Add butter and mix for 10 seconds/speed 7.
- Add eggs and mix for 30 seconds/speed 5.
- Add the coconut, flour and baking powder and mix for 10 seconds/Reverse + speed 4.
- Pour the mixture into a cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Wash and dry TM bowl.
- While the cake is baking, make the syrup. Place all the ingredients into the TM bowl and cook for 10 minutes/varoma/speed 1 MC off.
- Pour half of the hot syrup over the hot cake in the tin.
- Remove the cake from the tin, slice and serve with the remaining syrup and thick cream.