150g golden shallots (about 2), peeled and left whole
375g washed baby potatoes, halved
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
60g vegetable oil (extra)
2 tablespoons red curry paste
2 tablespoons palm sugar, shredded
2 tablespoons soy sauce
470g coconut milk
70g roasted peanuts
375g firm tofu, cut into 2.5cm pieces
1 cup firmly packed Thai basil leaves
4 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
red chilli, finely sliced
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place shallots and potatoes into a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Place into a roasting pan lined with baking paper and bake for 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are crisp and shallots are soft.
- Place extra vegetable oil and curry paste into the TM bowl and saute for 4 minutes/varoma/speed 1 MC off.
- Add palm sugar, soy sauce and coconut milk and cook for 4 minutes/varoma/speed 1 MC off.
- Insert Butterfly and add peanuts, tofu, roasted shallots, roasted potatoes and basil and cook for 2 minutes/varoma/reverse + soft speed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the kaffir lime leaves and chilli.
Hint: Palm sugar is a sweet, unrefined sugar, widely used in Asian cooking. I have been using Jeeny's Palm Sugar (available in most supermarkets) - one piece is sufficient for this recipe.