This is a great way to use up what's left of the Summer harvest, if you're lucky enough to have an apricot tree in your backyard. If not, now's the time to buy them when they are at their best and cheapest.
1kg apricots (about 20), halved and stoned
1 tablespoon raw sugar
100g raw sugar
100g ground almonds
170g cold butter, diced
60g flaked almonds
icing sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place apricot halves into an oven-proof dish and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Place the flour, sugar, ground almonds and butter into the TM bowl and chop for 5-10 seconds/speed 5 or until mixture resembles course breadcrumbs.
- Spread the crumble mixture over the apricots and top with flaked almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until nice and golden.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with thick cream or vanilla bean ice-cream.