270g milk, room temperature
100g lukewarm water
7g sachet dried yeast
540g plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
20g olive oil
3 shallots, finely chopped
150g cheddar cheese, grated
olive oil, for topping
extra grated cheese, for topping
- Add milk, water, yeast, flour, salt and oil to the TM bowl and mix for 5 seconds/speed 6.
- Knead on interval setting for 2 minutes.
- Place into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film and set aside until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Divide the dough into 12 even portions and press or roll each piece into a rough circle.
- Place the shallots and cheese onto the middle of each circle, fold dough in and shape into a ball.
- Place the balls of dough into a lightly oiled round cake tin with removable base.
- Sprinkle the top with a little olive oil and/or some grated cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
The flavour combinations are endless - replace the filling ingredients above with the following:
Spinach and Feta
Cheese and Bacon
Herb and Garlic
Ham, Cheese and Sweet Chilli