50g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
225g plain flour
75g caster sugar
75g butter, cubed
1 tablespoon sour cream
100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
150g butter, cubed
130g caster sugar
165g almond meal
4 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6-7 plums, halved and stones removed
- Place the chocolate pieces into the TM bowl and grate for 10 seconds/speed 8. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Add flour, cocoa, sugar and butter into the TM bowl and process for 10 seconds/speed 7 or until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs (use the spatula to incorporate if required.)
- Add the sour cream, egg and reserved grated chocolate to the TM bowl, set to closed lid position and pulse turbo button for 4-5 times or until a dough forms. Turn the dough out and shape into a ball, flatten slightly into a disc then wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. While pastry is chilling, make the chocolate frangipane - there is no need to wash out the bowl.
- Place the chocolate pieces into the TM bowl and grate for 10 seconds/speed 8.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except for the plums) and mix for 30 seconds/speed 6 or until the mixture is smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover and place into the fridge.
Putting it all together
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and roll out between sheets of non-stick baking paper to 3-5mm thick.
- Place into a 22cm fluted removable base tart tin or tart ring and prick the base lightly with a fork. Line the pastry with non-stick baking paper and fill with pastry weights (or uncooked rice or beans.)
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and weights and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread the chocolate frangipane mixture into the cooked base then push the plums (cut side up) into the mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the frangipane is set.
- Cool completely and dust with icing sugar. Serve with thick cream or ice cream.