1 medium red onion, peeled and quartered
3 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tablespoons peanut oil
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 tablespoon red curry paste
500g beef eye fillet, cut into strips
4 cups coconut milk (I use 2 x 270ml cans)
1/2 MC fish sauce
2 tablespoons palm sugar
1 tablespoon lime juice
200g fresh thin egg noodles
2 shallots, finely sliced to garnish
coriander leaves, to garnish
lime wedges, to garnish
- With the blades spinning on Speed 9, drop the onion and garlic through the hole in the lid until they are finely chopped. Scrape down bowl.
- Add the oil, curry powder and curry paste and sauté for 3 minutes/varoma/speed 1.
- Add the beef and sauté for 3 minutes/varoma/reverse + speed 1.
- Add the coconut milk to the TM bowl and cook for 10 minutes/100 degrees/reverse + speed 1.
- Add the fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice and cook for a further 10 minutes/100 degrees/reverse + speed 1.
- Blanch the noodles in boiling water (or cook as directed) and divide between serving bowls.
- Pour over the curry mixture and garnish with shallots, coriander leaves and lime wedges (and sliced chilli if you like it extra spicy!)