Thursday, 11 July 2013

Lemon Curd

Also known as Lemon Butter, this tasty lemony spread is absolutely delicious when spread between layers of sponge cake, and as a filling in tarts and lemon meringue pie. I like to swirl it through some plain yoghurt and serve it over a bowl of muesli topped with fresh blueberries - a "breakfast parfait" as my boys' call it. After my first failed attempt at making this in the Thermomix, I can definitely say that I nailed it this time.

Thermomix Lemon Curd
Ingredients:
100g lemon juice
100g butter, cubed
100g sugar
1 egg + 3 extra yolks

Method:
  1. Insert Butterfly into the TM bowl and add all the ingredients.
  2. Cook for 8 minutes/80 degrees/Speed 2. (It is ready when the mixture thickens slightly and coats the back of a spoon. If not, cook for a further 2-3 minutes.)

Makes 1 1/2 cups.


TIP:
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Substitute the lemon juice with orange juice or passionfruit pulp.



2 comments:

  1. I was going to make Kylie's lemon butter (lucy violet vintage) and then we ran out of chutney, then I discovered I haven't got enough bottles, dang! I NEED to make both! Looks yum.

    ReplyDelete