Thursday, 4 July 2013

Porcini Salt

The other day I found a packet of dried porcini mushrooms languishing right at the back of the pantry. I decided to make a salt blend with them, something I have never thought of making before (don't ask me why as it's so easy peasy.) And ever since, I've been sprinkling the stuff onto everything like some sort of Fairy Godmother.  Porcini mushrooms imbue a robust, nutty flavour and is a great addition to meat, chicken, fish, potatoes, sauces and spice rubs.

Sprinkle porcini salt onto a whole chicken before roasting, over steak prior to bbq'ing or onto some hand-cut chips along with a drizzle of oil before popping them into a hot oven to bake.


Ingredients:
20g dried porcini mushrooms
2 tablespoons sea salt flakes

Method:
  1. Place the all ingredients into the TM bowl and blend for 5-10 seconds/speed 9 or until very fine.
  2. Store in an airtight container.




No comments:

Post a Comment